新疆风采35选7 www.imk1.com.cn Welcome to our Reprints and Permissions Guidelines page. Here you will find information about how to request permission to reproduce content published in our journals and web publications in new works as well as information on how to order print and e-copies of individual articles.
Do I Need Reprints or Permission?
If you wish to distribute copies of a single article to others for purposes other than scholarly/academic teaching purposes, contact our reprints service. Our reprints service will enable you to purchase print copies of individual articles as well as e-prints. Custom reprint options are also available. Scroll down to the Ordering Reprints section if you are interested in ordering author reprints or commercial reprints.
If you wish to take material from Science's journals or websites (figures, extracts, abstracts, even full-text articles) and incorporate them into new works (e.g., newsletters, journal articles, book chapters, posters, presentations, reports, film), you will need to obtain copyright permission. Scroll down to the Requesting Permissions section for instructions on how to request permission to reproduce/republish material from Science's journals and websites.
If you are not currently a subscriber and simply wish to obtain a single copy of an article for your own personal review, you may purchase 24-hour access to the article and its supplemental online materials by clicking here and selecting the preferred option.
Permission to use OA content published in Science journals
Articles from any of the Science journals that are published under a Creative Commons license (typically either a CC BY-NC or a CC BY license) will clearly indicate in the following locations which Creative Commons license governs its use:
(1) On the article title where the article appears on the journal homepage or archive page;
(2) On the Info and Metrics tab for each article, in the Copyright & Usage section;
(3) In the html view of the article; and
(4) On the article PDF, depending upon the journal, either on the first page, or at the end of the article text.
To determine whether your intended use of OA content requires further permission from AAAS, see //creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode (for content published under the CC BY-NC license); or https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode (for content published under the CC BY license)
If your intended use of OA content is not covered by the applicable Creative Commons license, please submit a request to us following the Special Request Guidelines that appear below.
Author reprints are administered and produced by Sheridan Reprints. For information or to place an order, click here and use our author reprint order form, or contact:
The Sheridan Press
450 Fame Avenue
Hanover, PA 17331
Phone: 717-632-3535, ext. 8008
E-mail: [email protected]
*Author reprints are solely for the author's personal, noncommercial use. For other uses, including use by an author's employer, see under "commercial reprints" below.
Science and its sister journals contain some of the most highly cited and influential articles in the world.
AAAS commercial reprints are high quality, with specially designed covers and customization options. The reprints are an exact replica of the published article. All reprints are printed double-sided on premium 70# glossy paper in multiples of 100 copies. Title page covers may be included. These covers include the journal's logo, article title, author name(s), and citation information. Alternatively, if not subject to copyright restrictions, the issue cover of the desired journal may be added for an additional fee.
Reprints are saddle stitched unless the article is three to four pages, in which case the reprint is folded. Customers may purchase standard reprints in black and white or in color. Articles containing color may be purchased in black and white for which conversion charges will apply. Please be sure to carefully consider whether you can accept a color article in black and white.
Shrink-wrapping in bundles is recommended and offered at a small additional cost.
Customization options are available at extra cost:
- Addition of disclaimer text and product codes
- Addition of product information
- Addition of a company name and/or logo
- Addition of supplemental online material
- Addition of a reproduction of the journal cover within which the article was published (when not restricted by copyright)
Orders can be shipped to more than one shipping location.
Standard reprints are shipped within 8-12 business days from proof approval. Rush schedule reprints are shipped within 5-7 business days from proof approval for an additional fee. Note: Customizations increase processing time.
Reprints are shipped via FedEx Standard Overnight or a comparable service. Note: FedEx does not ship to all countries and territories. For the most current information, see the FedEx website at http://www.fedex.com.
The price of reprints depends on the number of pages in the article, the number of reprints ordered, whether the reprints contain color, if additional permission needs to be secured, and whether you require any custom options such as the addition of your product information or logo.
Every reprint requires the approval of the customer prior to printing and billing. Proofs will be provided by our reprint vendor, or from an AAAS Commercial Reprints Representative.
Ordering commercial reprints, e-prints, translations
Please contact Beth Ann Rocheleau at 803-359-4578/[email protected].
Commercial reprints alerting service
If you would like to receive a weekly e-mail alert highlighting recently published content of commercial interest, please go to our alerts page to sign up for the alert.
To have our agent monitor your alerts and notify you when new content is published that may be of interest to you, please contact Beth Ann Rocheleau at 803-359-4578 /[email protected].
Multiple article reprints
To reprint an entire supplement, please contact Beth Ann Rocheleau at 803-359-4578 /[email protected] for availability and pricing.
To combine various articles into a reprint collection, including sponsorship opportunities, please contact your regional sales representative or contact [email protected] for information regarding options and pricing.
Complete issue reprints are not available, but we do offer individual back issues of Science for purchase.
Permission is required before reproducing any content (text, photos, tables, figures) from:
- Science Advances (for some uses)
- Science Careers
- Science Immunology
- Science Robotics
- Science Signaling/STKE
- Science Translational Medicine
- News from Science
- SAGE KE
Permission for authors
If you are the author of the article that was published in a Science journal or on a Science website, you retain the rights to use your paper and its contents as permitted under AAAS's License to Publish. If you wish to use your paper in ways that are not covered under the License to Publish, please submit your request to our Permissions Department in accordance with the guidelines below.
Using AAAS material in a thesis or dissertation
NOTE: If you are the original author of the AAAS article being reproduced, please refer to your License to Publish for rules on reproducing your paper in a dissertation or thesis. AAAS permits the use of content published in its journals Science, Science Immunology, Science Robotics, Science Signaling, and Science Translational Medicine, but only provided the following criteria are met:
- If you are using figure(s)/table(s), permission is granted for use in print and electronic versions of your dissertation or thesis.
- A full-text article may be used only in print versions of a dissertation or thesis. AAAS does not permit the reproduction of full-text articles in electronic versions of theses or dissertations.
- The following credit line must be printed along with the AAAS material: "From [Full Reference Citation]. Reprinted with permission from AAAS."
- All required credit lines and notices must be visible any time a user accesses any part of the AAAS material and must appear on any printed copies that an authorized user might make.
- The AAAS material may not be modified or altered except that figures and tables may be modified with permission from the author. Author permission for any such changes must be secured prior to your use.
- AAAS must publish the full paper prior to your use of any of its text or figures.
- If the AAAS material covered by this permission was published in Science during the years 1974–1994, you must also obtain permission from the author, who may grant or withhold permission, and who may or may not charge a fee if permission is granted. See original article for author's address. This condition does not apply to news articles.
- If you are an original author of the AAAS article being reproduced, please refer to your License to Publish for rules on reproducing your paper in a dissertation or thesis.
Permission covers the distribution of your dissertation or thesis on demand by a third party distributor (e.g. ProQuest / UMI), provided the AAAS material covered by this permission remains in situ and is not distributed by that third party outside of the context of your thesis/dissertation.
Permission does not apply to figures/photos/artwork or any other content or materials included in your work that are credited to non-AAAS sources. If the requested material is sourced to or references non-AAAS sources, you must obtain authorization from that source as well before using that material. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify AAAS against any claims arising from your use of any content in your work that is credited to non-AAAS sources.
By using the AAAS material identified in your request, you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions herein.
AAAS makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy of any information contained in the AAAS material covered by this permission, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Reproducing AAAS material in other new works
Get permission using RightsLink
If you are seeking permission to copy/reproduce/republish content from Science or Science Translational Medicine and are not the author of that content, you may use the Copyright Clearance Center's RightsLink service. If you are seeking permission to use content from one of the other AAAS publications listed above, please scroll down to the Special Request Guidelines below for further instructions.
With the RightsLink service, it is faster and easier than ever before to secure permission for material from Science to be republished in your thesis, journal article, book, newsletter, or other publication. Simply visit 新疆风采35选7, click on the applicable journal, and locate your desired content (we suggest using the journal's search engine). Once you have found the article you are looking for:
- Click on either the Editor's Summary, Abstract, or Full Text
- Click on the Request Permissions link which appears under Article Tools
- Once you are in RightsLink, create an account if you do not already have one
- Select the use you wish to make
- Click to accept the terms and conditions
Confirmation of your permission and a copy of the permission terms and conditions will be sent to you instantly via e-mail.
If you have questions about using the RightsLink service, please contact customer support at [email protected].
If you are unable to locate the material you wish to use or you are unable to secure the rights you are seeking, please e-mail us at [email protected], providing the details outlined below.
Special Request Guidelines
While RightsLink processes the most commonly requested uses, it does not grant permissions for all types of uses. You might be directed to contact the AAAS Permissions Department directly, depending upon your request. If you are prompted to contact us, please e-mail us the following details (note: the more details you provide, the faster your request is likely to be processed.):
- Your name, institute, and title
- Your complete mailing address, phone number, and fax number
Identify the content you wish to use:
- AAAS publication title (Science, Science Advances, Science Careers, Science Immunology, Science Robotics, Science Signaling (or STKE), Science Translational Medicine, News from Science, AIDScience, or SAGE KE)
- Article title
- Authors' names
- Volume number, issue date, page numbers (provide all that apply)
- Specific figure numbers or portion of text (or supply a copy)
Include the following information about your intended use:
- Type of work in which our material will be used (e.g., book, journal, newsletter, poster, etc.)
- Title of work in which AAAS material will appear
- Title of article/chapter (if you are using the material in a journal, newspaper, newsletter, or book)
- Expected publication date (or volume and issue number for journals)
- Publishing company
- Retail price (for books only)
- The formats your work will be distributed in (e.g., print, electronic, print and electronic)
- The rights you are seeking
Please e-mail your request to [email protected]. All requests are reviewed and responded to in the order of receipt. All responses will be e-mailed, and if permission is granted, the terms and conditions and any permissions fees will be e-mailed as an attachment. Our turnaround time ranges between three to six weeks, depending upon the volume of requests we receive and the complexity of your particular request.
If you are seeking permission to distribute content for classroom use (coursepacks, classroom handouts, electronic classroom use), rights can be obtained at www.copyright.com/academia.